Nutritious food is vital for all age groups, in order to maintain a healthy body. But, child nutrition has extra significance, as children depend on elders for the choice of right food. Right nutrition nurtures them throughout their childhood to grow into healthy and happy adults.
Giving in to a child’s innocent demand for junk or non nutritious food too often, can deny essential nourishment required by the little one’s growing body. Children are unaware of the consequences of wrong choices of food. It should always be our priority to create awareness of nutritious food in them and we can try to achieve this in small steps.
Listed down are a few ways we can adopt to ensure that the children under our care are nourished and are growing healthy.
- Make it a point to mention the goodness of the food served on the plate at least once a day.
- Try to tell the child, why do you like a particular food or ingredient. Your story could make the child curious to learn more.
- If your child is capable of reading, show them short articles about fruits/veggies. Making reading a routine is advantageous.
- Make the plate colourful by including variety or combination of good food. Allow the child to identify the food/ ingredients and have fun.
- Once in a while, try making your child’s favourite food at home instead of choosing to eat out and make it healthy with your ideas.
I hope this helps you with your ongoing efforts of making nutrition a priority for your little ones. Let us ensure to bring up our children well nourished.