Carrot is a root vegetable, that is crunchy, nutritious, naturally sweet, and versatile. It goes well with other vegetables when used in combination in a recipe. You can eat it raw with a simple dip such as spiced yogurt or use it in salads. Carrots are delicious even when cooked in combination with other veggies such as potatoes and peas, or with chicken. They can be roasted, pureed, steamed, baked, sauteed, or grilled and they always taste great. There are some healthy desserts with carrots as the main ingredients. This post unlocks the goodness of carrots with an insight into the nutritional profile, health benefits, and healthy recipes.
A portion of 100g of carrot contains:
- Beta carotene in Carrots is converted to Vitamin A in our body, which keeps our eyes healthy and promotes good vision.
- Carrots contain powerful antioxidants that reduce the risk of many diseases.
- Due to the significant amount of dietary fiber, carrots promote digestive health and reduce bad cholesterol levels.
- Carrots contain Vitamin C which boosts the immune system and prevents infection.
- Vitamin K, calcium, and phosphorus present in carrots promote bone health.
Healthy Recipes with carrots
- Grated Carrots-2 cups
- Lemon juice- 2 teaspoons
- Salt- 1/2 teaspoon
- Olive oil- 2 teaspoons
- Black pepper powder- 1/4 teaspoon
- Chopped cilantro- 1/4 cup
- Chopped cucumber- 1 cup
- Chopped red bell pepper- 1/2 cup
- In a bowl, mix together, salt, black pepper powder, olive oil and lemon juice
- Add grated carrots, chopped cucumber and chopped red bell pepper
- Toss well and garnish with chopped cilantro
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
Carrot and orange juice
- Carrots- 3
- Fresh ginger-1 inch
- Peel the carrots and cut them into chunks
- Peel oranges and remove the seeds
- Peel the ginger and slice it
- Add all the ingredients together or juice the oranges and then juice carrot with ginger in a juicer and collect the juice
- Add honey as per taste and stir well.
These recipes will be a great start to adding carrots to your diet. It is worth including nutrient-rich natural food in your diet that provides health benefits. Carrots are easy to add to any dish as they are versatile. Have them on your plate and enjoy the goodness of carrots.